22.7.10

Don't Get Me Wrong!

I think sometimes I can sound unhappy with my life... HA! Funny!
I am thankful, really, for all the crazy days that my life offers me.
Amuse me...
Just think for a moment what it would be like, in the midst of these crazy days, if perchance
you were the kind of girl that DID NOT grow up solely wanting to get married and have babies :) Not that I was that kind of girl at all...
K, so I WAS! That doesn't mean I don't love where I'm at now.
Some days I put the kids to bed and I sit down and I say to myself,
"Holy _____ (insert whatever, I use crap or crud, but I'm trying not to so Kalea doesn't start saying it) how did I become this person? The person with the dirtiest faced, runniest nosed, craziest haired child at the whole freaking Stampede, the person with the screeching, writhing toddler who is in a death-defying back-bend so it's impossible to fold her into her carseat, the person who sometimes rolls her eyes at or raises her voice to her husband in public, the person who doesn't really care to take a shower some days because she's just too dang wiped out and who's going to see me if I'm at home all day anyways, etc etc..."
This does not negate all the joy that I have in my life.
Really, I'm so blessed and I am SO grateful that I have people willing and/or able to put up with me and all my dramatics, and there ARE dramatics, just ask Steve.
I just didn't expect to be this person at all and most days I am pleasantly surprised that I can handle even 5 minutes of it.
That said, let's look at some of my "fun" pictures!


Kalea helping to wipe the diaper cream out of Brynlee's hair... On the bright side, it helped loosen up some cradle cap that just wouldn't go away! There's always a positive, no?

Kalea looking about 6mths preggers :P It's always tops or bottoms for this girl, rarely both when we're at home. Brynlee has learned "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands" which is why her hands are in her face. Cute right? See, it's not all goobers, puke and poop, it's fun!


5 comments:

The Staheli's said...

You have been making me laugh so hard lately. :) Thanks for that. You are doing a fabulous job with those 2 little ladies of yours!

Sheri said...

You have such a way of capturing the craziness with your words....I love it! I totally understand what you are talking about. I wouldn't change it for the world but some moments sure do make you wonder how this is your life!!!
Kids close in age is an adventure but I find it just keeps getting easier the older they get.

Tiffany Johnson said...

Love it. I'll agree. It's tough sometimes. Especially balancing two... mostly by yourself! :-) You are doing a great job at it! I commend you for that. You are a great mom... and I know you know that, but that doesn't excuse the fact that it can be very trying at times. As much as you love those little monkeys, there are days. Give them a big hug for us!! Love your blog, by the way..I love the colors!

Francis Family said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love it when readers come out of the "closet". Well not closet but you know what I mean. ;) Thanks for the tips too, I love getting other moms advice, since i'm definitely NO expert.
You have a cute family!

Sarah B said...

I loved your post, it's refreshing to read that it is worth it and still makes a person happy when they don't just think about having babies since they were 12. Your kids look like total characters, and you are a great mom!!