22.4.10

Birthdays: Love/Hate

So it's that time of the year again, and I'm feeling somewhat apprehensive about this birthday on Saturday. I have no idea why, maybe because it's technically my last year of being in my "mid-twenties"? I don't generally have issues with birthdays... Maybe it's because Steve's away for it this year, so I don't get my usual full day off from chores/kids/responsibility? LOL I do get a mani/pedi in the morning, so I get at least half a day to myself. I think that's good enough for this year. I always look forward to birthdays though, I get ridiculously excited. I go to bed the night before completely giddy for the next day, and I think maybe this year the fact that I don't have a date to look forward to is kinda bumming me out. Waaaah I know, it's not that big a deal. So since I don't get to look forward to that, I do get to look forward to my mom making dinner and getting me a yummy cake. Yay!
I'm also in the market for a new camera this year- I've made my request to the birthday fairies(aka parents) for going in on one with Steve, but I don't know which one. So I need some help, I am sick sick sick of my point and shoot Nikon that I've had, literally forever ie. Christmas 2001. It doesn't let me have enough control over what the finish product becomes and I hate having to edit EVERY picture to make it look half decent. What have you all graduated up to? Loves/hates about your cameras? Shopping tips? Throw your ideas my way, I am open to anything, unless the cost is going to put us in the poor house :)

2 comments:

The Staheli's said...

First choice would be a DSLR...for sure. BUT, since they are/can be UBER expensive, we have LOVED our little Canon ELPH. They have some now that are pretty awesome. Kristen has the newer version of ours and it's pretty sweet. Here's a link to some. http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&safe=active&client=firefox-a&hs=g8N&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&resnum=0&q=canon+elph&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=Tq_QS7z-AonY9ATdvKQn&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CDQQrQQwAg

Wow, that was long. Hopefully it works. :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY on Saturday. Love ya!

Sherri said...

I love love love birthdays..I would gladly be twice my age if I could just have 2 a year! But I still have those years that for some reason I'm just bummed out! I hope you have a GREAT BIRTHDAY!