7.4.09

March Madness

This month was really full for us and it was a lot of fun! We can't believe how quickly Kalea is growing and how much she's teaching us everyday. At the beginning of March she couldn't crawl, by the end of March she was Army crawling-it's so cute- and she can pull herself up to standing beside pretty much any piece of furniture. I'm sure she'll be walking before she actually learns how to crawl using her knees- scary! She's also taught us that she is super strong and despite a few ridiculous falls in the space of two days, she seems to be functioning normally and actually seems happier now that she's hit her head a few times :P
This month was also Steve's 28th birthday and it was really fun for the three of us to celebrate it together. I actually made Steve a real dinner and it turned out SO good! He's pretty easy to please and I surprised myself. I think Kalea just enjoyed having Dad to herself all day- and I didn't mind the break to go get everything I needed done. That night we took Kalea to my parents for a few hrs so we could actually watch a movie together in peace and it was heaven even if I wasn't overly impressed with Steve's movie choice- mine turned out much better!


The Saturday following his birthday Steve got a big surprise party! I take no credit, his sister Serena planned the whole thing and I only knew about it a few days before. It was really fun and Steve really had no idea whatsoever that he was getting a party. Serena invited a few of the guys he grew up with and it was fun to see them all revert to their teenage selves. I won't post a picture but if you've ever had a phone conversation with Steve he has more than likely asked you what you're wearing, I generally answer with pajamas. If you ask Steve that question he usually answers with tiger thong or something ridiculous like that. Well his big "gag" gift was a tiger thong from his buddies- pretty funny/scary. I really do wonder about them sometimes and where they ventured to find such an undergarment?

It was fun to have the surprise party at the church so everyone's kids could run around and we were able to get a picture of all the nieces and nephews before all the babies are born this year. It's crazy to think that when Steve and I started dating in 2005 Jessica was the only one married and Andrew and Jeven were the only grandkids. 4yrs later Megan is the only one not married with kids and by the end of the year there will be 9 grandkids total. Time flies!

No comments: