2.4.11

Date Night!

I had big plans for making our dinner an April Fool's kind've event, but once Steve April Fooled me, I decided that my idea wasn't nearly as exciting. You're probably wondering what he did... He cleaned my bathroom! But then after I used it he made me think that my bum was blue, which resulted in me standing in front of our bedroom mirror and pulling my pants down to check that my bum wasn't, in fact, blue. Sly Steve shouted "Aaah haaaa April Fool's! You're staring at your naked bum in the mirror!" Blah blah blah very funny... actually it is very funny, I am still laughing about it!
Anyways... We haven't had a legitimately planned out in advance type of date in... well a LONG time. As in, I made reservations more than once, changing times etc... Then when things came together with Steve's work schedule, the clouds parted and heaven smiled down on my awesome intentions. In fact all of yesterday felt like one of those perfect days, due in no small part to the fact that Steve really let me have a day off. I really can't think of anything I specifically did. He cleaned/organized the bathroom and linen closet/shelves of chaos. He entertained the kids while I showered and shaved my legs(those two don't necessarily go hand in hand anymore), actually styled my hair, did full-out date make-up, etc... It was so great. A word about styling my hair, it's kind of at the weird stage of going from short to long where you just can't do anything with it, but prompted by Steve's comment earlier in the day "Do we really need this curling iron, you never use it?" I decided it was time to actually get ready for something. I ended up doing a side-sweepy french braid that wrapped to the other side of my head where I just made a knotted mess and called it good. It actually was! Oh how I miss being a girl... Anyways, after that I had to run some errands and I got to shop just for me- well for my birthday that happens to fall after all the wedding chaos and smack dab on Easter Sunday. I voted for an early b-day this month and I got it- score! I'm so glad, I actually was quite successful- music to a husbands' ears. I found 2 dresses TWO! One kind of 50s housewife the other more 60s go-go dancer, but both super cute and reasonably priced, and I picked up a new top for date night... let's be honest, I bought it because I really need to do laundry and have been noticing lately how my closet says absolutely nothing about who I am, what it says is "Hi, you look like you had two kids and have lost yourself in a pile of ugly t-shirts and yoga pants/shorts." or "Don't look at me!" I dunno, maybe I'm just finally breaking free from the small children in tow tunnel of doom, but boy I feel so much better now. Moving on. Steve just turned 30 remember? One of his gifts was a gift cert. to Gaucho's Brazilian BBQ so I made reservations for 6:15. Our babysitter was booked at the beginning of the week and showed up by ten to 6, we made our reservation perfectly on time, our friends joined us and we just really enjoyed a legitimate night out with great conversation, and no rushing around like crazy people before or after. We got home right when I told our sitter that we'd be home and she had both our kids in bed fast asleep. Kalea doesn't usually go down that great and lately she's been staying up way too late, not last night! Yay, it was so nice to just come home to peace and quiet. **It should be noted that we all ate an incredible amount of food and Steve may have binged and then had to purge early this morning** I'm still young and can handle crazy amounts of food...
Moving on to the next thing on the agenda. My diet didn't start last night because of our awesome endless meat selections, how could I turn down the cute gauchos and their skewers of perfectly barbecued meats? It'd just be foolish to try. My water drinking is actually right on though, it's totally becoming a habit now and I'm up to a litre a day consistently. Hopefully this week I can keep it up along with my dvds. I'm surprised that I'm not as sore today as I thought I would be, hallejulah! Something must be working because I haven't had a shopping trip that successful in a while and my bum is perking up already TMI? I don't care! Haha! Here's to another week of fun, and hopefully this weather starts to cooperate soon so we can get out for walks again, thanks Mother Nature :P

4 comments:

Sarah said...

What a happy post :)

The Stahelis said...

Sounds like a FANTASTIC DATE!!!! Only thing missing was a PICTURE of you all done up. I especially want to see this hair creation. Sounds great! :)

Allison said...

Oh Jess, you know I don't take pictures of myself. Actually Steve tried a couple with his phone... maaybe I can find one on there. I actually did bring my camera, I just left it in the car :S

Marusiak said...

Jonathan will be happy to know he won that meat eating competition - it's all about "who can eat the most and keep it down" for him!