20.9.10

Post Sunday Pondering

Yesterday, besides the "fun" of having children, church was really really uplifting.
I sometimes hate my calling because I feel like I know too much about different people's situations, and I really liked the days when I was kind of oblivious. But yesterday I found that I especially enjoyed our Relief Society lesson because of what I know about these situations. As a presidency and individually we pray over the ladies in our ward, and it seemed that everything said yesterday was an answer to, at the very least, my own prayers, and I gained some insight and ideas about how I can help these individuals. What a great blessing.
I didn't really get a chance to study this lesson over the past week, I had my hands full of chaos, but these are a few quotes that I absolutely loved, from Spencer W. Kimball, and I'm looking forward to studying more on the subject this week, he said,

"There must be works with faith. How foolish it would be to ask the Lord to give us knowledge, but how wise to ask the Lord's help to acquire knowledge, to study constructively, to think clearly, and to retain things that we have learned."

"In faith we plant the seed, and soon we see the miracle of the blossoming. Men have often misunderstood and have reversed the process."

1 comment:

Tiffany Johnson said...

Allison, I love this. Great post. Thanks for it. It's such a great reminder to just not expect to be given things, but to seek them out.

Also, I wanted to respond to your post on my blog. I have been doing a lot of soul searching lately. I have just felt like my mind was WAY too cluttered with information about everyone elses lives that I felt imprisoned by it, you know? I felt like I HAD to check facebook to get my 'fix' and I didnt like that. I can still keep in touch with people that I need to without having to read every little status or see every picture. NOw, I get to take my time back and start enjoying the things that really matter in life. I fully support if you do it!! we could start our own little non-facebook club! And instead start a reading club or something a little more worth while! :-) Love ya! Thanks for your post and your support!