9.12.08

Sleep-ish

It's been a loooong 24hrs. When I was 18 I could stay out until almost 5am on a weeknight and wake up and be bright eyed and bushy tailed for work at 8 or so. When did things change??? Last night Kalea woke up at 1 and stayed up until 2:30/3ish. I conceded and took pictures to document our time together- she was, after all, being soooooooooo darling I couldn't help myself. Steve slept in another room- he likes sauna type warmth, and I can't stand sweating while I sleep. So Kalea and I fell asleep in the Big Bed. Well she normally sleeps until 9am, last night 5am WTH?!?!?! I was bleary eyed and stumbled my way up the stairs to make her a bottle- this is what a good mommy does, right? I came back to find that Steve had heard the goo-ing and gaga-ing that accompanies these early morning rituals. I remember thinking how nice it would be to be 18 again, with all the energy that comes with the freedom of being an adult... I handed Steve Kalea's bottle, then I lay on my bed watching the Man of My Dreams(who has to work at 7ish) feed his daughter a bottle. I fought sleeping, really I did, but he told me to close my eyes, so I did. I don't know what time the Man actually left for work, but I'm sure happy he got her back to sleep. As for the rest of the day... She's slept for a total of 2hrs today- I hope this means she sleeps all night? I am intrigued by her level of energy today, it reminds me of someone I once knew... I on the other hand, am TIRED, like really tired, the kind of tired where you're standing in the window rocking your baby and you feel your head bobbing because you're actually rocking yourself to sleep. The kind of tired that makes you blog about how you used to sleep and now you don't- riveting for all who read it I'm sure.

1 comment:

doyles said...

haha! Oh fun times. How old is Kalea now? yeah Timothy has changed his sleep patterns soooo many times, you just have to enjoy it when its good. Right now he wakes up at 730 to eat and then he goes back to sleep until 9 sometimes 10 so I am enjoying this particular pattern while I can!